The Punjab School Education Board is popularly known as PSEB, an education board in Punjab. It came into existence through a legislative enactment in November 1969 to promote and develop school education in the State. The primary function of the Board is to conduct middle (Class 7 to 9), matriculation (Class 10) and senior secondary level (Class 12) examination, to frame the syllabus, textbooks and to make necessary arrangements for all the affiliated schools to the Board. It also takes care that the curriculum is updated according to the recent education trend, and textbooks are updated accordingly.
The Punjab Board conducts the Class 10 examination in the month of March-April every year. Around 10 lakh students appear for the PSEB examination of Class 10. The examination of Class 10 is the first board exam in the academic life of the students. So, students should work hard if they aspire to get higher marks in their board exam. The result of Class 10 considered being a deciding factor in terms of higher studies.
Take a look at some of the study tips that will help you score good marks in the Punjab Board Class 10 examination.
Read More: ideas for new careers at 45
10 Easy Tips To Get Good Marks In Class 10 Punjab Board Exam
- Follow a proper study schedule that is according to your comfort so that nothing is left out for the last minute preparation. It is always advisable to make yourself well-prepared before the final exam. Once the time-table is released strategize your study plans accordingly.
- Prepare notes of important definitions, formulas, equations, reactions, etc while going through each chapter. It will help you to remember the crucial concepts for the long run. These notes come in handy, so you can carry them to the examination centre.
- When your academic session begins, make sure that you are thorough with the syllabus. The syllabus is framed by the Board after discussing it with subject professionals. It gives a complete structure of the course content, weightage of marks and duration of the period. You can score good marks in your exam if you are well-versed with the prescribed subject wise syllabus.
- Take help of the prescribed subject wise textbooks to learn the concepts. The textbooks are designed according to the syllabus and each concept is explained in detail with suitable examples, formulas, equations, etc.
- Solve the previous year papers and model papers to know your preparation strength. Previous year papers will expose you to the question paper pattern, types of questions asked, difficulty level and marking scheme. It will teach you time management skills and also your mistakes will be improved. Even the sample papers are framed after thorough analysis of the recent question paper.
- Also learn the correct methodology of writing the answers. It will help you to understand how many words they should write for a particular answer. Don’t misuse your time writing any unnecessary explanation to a particular question.
- Be confident while writing the final exam so that you don’t make any silly mistakes. The result of Class 10 plays a crucial role in choosing the stream for higher studies.
Students can get good marks in their Class 10 exam if they follow the above-mentioned rules. Always be through with the PSEB syllabus, solve sample papers and previous year papers, etc. to prepare for the exam effectively.